For the last fifteen (15) plus years, The Woman’s Club of Raleigh has offered Great Decisions to not only our members but to the public as well.
Great Decisions runs for 8 weeks on the following Thursdays:
February 7, 14, 21, 28 March 7, 21, 28 and April 4, 2019.
We are pleased to announce the topics for Great Decisions 2019! Great Decisions runs for 8 weeks! We will be showing the topic video from 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., followed by our speaker from 10:30a.m. to Noon in the Upper Level of the Ballroom. The featured 8 topics for 2019 are as follows:
- Cyber Conflicts and Geopolitics: February 7, 2019 – David A. Hoffman, Associate General Counsel and Global Privacy Officer – Intel Corporation
- State of the State Department and Diplomacy: February 14, 2019 – W Robert Pearson – Former Foreign Service Officer who served as United States Ambassador
- Nuclear negotiations: Back to the Future: February 21, 2019 – Kyle Beardsley, PhD – Associate Professor of Political Science
- Decoding U.S.-China Trade: February 28, 2019 – Timothy McKeown, Professor of Political Science
- The United State and Mexico: Partnership Tested – March 7, 2019 – Clifford E. Griffin, PhD, Associate Professor, SPIA Ag. Director MIS Program
NOTE – March 14, 2019 has been MOVED to April 4, 2019
- The Middle East: Regional Disorder: March 21, 2019 – TBA
- Refugees and Global Migration: March 28, 2019– Deborah Weissman, Professor of Law
- The Rise of Populism in Europe: April 4, 2019 – Cristina Bejan, PhD
We would love to have you join us!
contact Barbara Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org