Activities for Participation
Listed below are examples of the activities in which members of The Woman’s Club of Raleigh participate together. Members choose their educational, volunteer, and social activities according to their interests and available time.
The enrichment activities listed below are in addition to the myriad of community service opportunities that members have in the Woman’s Club.
- Exploring art and culture through tours of Artspace, museums, and galleries, including special exhibits with docents, participating in our own Arts Festival
- Appreciating performing arts through attendance at NC Symphony noon concert performances, theatre performances, Duke Chapel Organ Concerts
- Promoting a healthy environment through ACTrees, Arbor Day/Earth Day, and Keep America Beautiful activities
- Enjoying nature and the out of doors through visits to Historic Yates Mill Pond Park, JC Raulston Arboretum, N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences and Prairie Ridge, Annie Louise Wilkerson Nature Preserve Park
- Reading and sharing through Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO) lifelong learning, the WCR Book Exchange, and the Jennie June Book Club
- Learning about the world through Great Decisions courses, ethnic luncheons or dinners, field trips to various cultural sites, exhibits and festivals.
- Visits to the NC Aquariums, NC Zoological Park, Maple View Farm in Hillsborough, Southern Supreme Fruitcake Factory in Bear Creek, taking train excursions and multi-day trips to places such as Charleston and Asheville.
- Having fun together at Wine and Design events, cooking classes, cake decorating classes, dining out at Raleigh restaurants, ornament exchanges.