Arts and Culture Community Service Program
The Arts and Culture Community Service Program focuses on bringing cultural experiences to both Club members and the Raleigh community.
Be a Part of the Arts.
Annually, The Woman’s Club of Raleigh and Junior Woman’s Club of Raleigh partner to sponsor an Arts and Music Festival at the Woman’s Club of Raleigh. The Arts Festival contest is held on a Saturday in January with an Open House to display all participant work and winners on the following Sunday. The annual Music Festival is also held in January.
For 2024, the Music Festival was held January 21 and the Arts Festival was held January 28 with the open house on January 29.
The Arts Festival invites participants from three (3) groups including:
- Clubwoman who are either professionals in their field of art or amateurs. The categories of competition include Crafts, Visual Arts, Photography, GFWC Photography, and Literature. Click here for guidelines.
- ArtFest includes adult and youth from the six North Carolina Developmental and/or Neuro-Medical Treatment Centers, group homes or from schools for the disabled (including public school programs). The categories of competition include Visual Arts and Crafts.
- Students from Raleigh middle and high schools are encouraged to participate and compete. The Arts Festival competition is also open to Home Schooled students. The categories of competition include Crafts, Visual Arts, Photography and Literature. The contest requires registration through Art teachers at each school.
Please contact the chairwoman of the Arts Festival or email@example.com with Arts Festival in the subject line for more information on categories, rules and registration deadlines.
The Woman’s Club of Raleigh Art Festival amateur winners advance to the General Federation of Women’s Clubs of North Carolina Arts Festival. Winners at the Club level advance to the District VI Art Festival held in February 2024 and District winners advance to the State competition held in March 2024.
For the Music Festival, everyone is welcome to come and support the students during the performances. All categories are opened to students, grades 9-12. Cash prizes are awarded to students’ winners. The categories of competition are music, voice and piano.
Scroll down for the Arts and Culture CSP History and information about current and past activities.
- Woman’s Club Singers who perform at long term care facilities in our community
- Community Art Festival for Students and Club Members
- Community Music Festivals for Students
- Monthly local artist display, open house every 3rd Wednesday
- NC Symphony Friday Favorites, discounted tickets
The Arts CSP History
- In 1979, we established a student merit award in Music.
- In 1993 our club received the Raleigh City Medal of Arts Award for extraordinary achievement in the arts.
- In 2001 we sponsored a wolf in the Raleigh Red Wolf Ramble, contributing all proceeds to the NC Aquariums.
- The Woman’s Club of Raleigh is an Organization Member of the North Carolina Museum of Art.