Community Grants Program
The Woman’s Club of Raleigh is actively involved in volunteer service and the support of community organizations. The Club’s mission is the “intellectual, philanthropic, social, civic and domestic betterment of the community.” The Community Grants Program provides direct financial contributions to organizations in the Raleigh community for specific projects and initiatives. Areas of interest are broad including, but not limited to, the arts, education, children’s services, social services, women’s issues, historic preservation, public affairs and conservation.
The Community Grants Committee is composed of five members. Members are appointed by the President and serve for five years. Committee membership is staggered allowing for a new member each year. The Committee reviews applications and selects recipients. Grants are typically awarded in an amount ranging from $500 to $3000.
Grants are awarded in May of the current fiscal year and are paid beginning in September of the new fiscal year. The fiscal year runs June 1 to May 30. A letter will be sent to you from the Woman’s Club of Raleigh, Community Grants Chair, regarding your grant request. This letter will also include any information needed during or upon the completion of your project such as; All recipients must include in any publication regarding their project, acknowledgement of the receipt of the Woman’s Club of Raleigh Community Grant. Within sixty (60) days of receipt of your grant check or sixty (60) days of the end of your Project, the Woman’s Club of Raleigh would like to receive information outlining how the grant money contributed to your success. This information will assist us in the continuation and potential growth of the Community Grants Program.
This can be in the form of a letter addressed to the above. If applicable, please enclose any publication that was created regarding your project such as a performance program or any published materials. To apply for a Community Grant, follow the guidelines outlined below under Community Grants Request Guidelines.
Mail or deliver the completed grant application and five (6) copies by March 1 of the current fiscal year to.
THE WOMAN’S CLUB OF RALEIGH
COMMUNITY GRANTS COMMITTEE
3300 WOMAN’S CLUB DRIVE
RALEIGH, NC 27612
NOTE: It is vital that we receive all six (6) copies in order to distribute them to our committee members. If we do not, your application may not be considered.
COMMUNITY GRANTS REQUEST GUIDELINES
Please provide a cover sheet with the following information:
- Name, address and full contact information for your organization
- Name, address and full contact information for the primary contact(s)
- Specific Project Title and Purpose
- Time period covered by the project
- Amount of the request
- The front page of your organization’s 990
The Community Grant application must include the following information on a maximum of five (5) pages:
- Summary of the project
- Description of need and impact on the community
- Plans for project/program continuation
- Project staffing
- Project Budget (line item) – If the project has multiple funding sources, applicant may include the entire budget.
- Use of volunteers and opportunities for Woman’s Club volunteer participation.
- Supporting materials may be attached/included if the applicant desires.
COMMUNITY GRANTS 2018-2019
- The Community Music School, $2000 – To provide low cost private lessons to students in need.
- Mt. Vernon Middle School, $1500- To fund programs to at-risk students.
- Communities in Schools of Wake County, $500- To provide 50 scholarships for SMART Academy serving low performing students.
- Triangle Family Services, $2000 – To fund emergency housing.
- Women NC, $2000 – To provide a scholarship for one students to the United Nations CSW Conference.